Thursday, April 12, 2007

Reminder: Readers Roundtable Meeting


Don't forget: Readers Roundtable is meeting this Saturday at 2 p.m. in Conference Room B. (Always check the meeting room monitor though since we might still get bumped.)

We'll be discussing the book Prep. And I have one question for you now just to get your juices flowing: Did any of you notice how many coming-of-age books we've read recently: Never Let Me Go, Zorro, The Tender Bar, and now Prep? Believe me, this wasn't my intention when I finalized the winter/spring reading lists, but I think it does bring up a nice opportunity to compare/contrast. Because despite their similar subjects, I think each book offers a unique portrayal of the joys and terrors of adolescence.

Also, there will be at least two other topics on the agenda. 1) We need to pick 3 books for the Fall/Winter months; 2) We need to select a second meeting time for the club since the groups are getting large.

Hope to see you Saturday!

-Lori

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just heard that Kurt Vonnegut had died. Maybe we should also consider one of his works for a future Readers Roundtable.

Lori said...

Good idea! I've not read Vonnegut (but have been meaning to), so if anyone has a favorite title, please speak up. I'll also do a little research and bring in some suggestions on Saturday.
-Lori