Wednesday, May 23, 2007

I used to travel alot, but these days I'm more of an armchair traveller; it's cheaper and I don't have to worry about my suitcase getting lost. Still, like many of us, I yearn to explore new places and am constantly searching for engrossing books and movies that will immerse me in another place and culture.

Salon.com is answering this need by creating a Literary Guide to the World. So if you still can't quite afford a plane ticket to Rio, find a book that sends you there.
Wouldn't it be cool if there was a travel guide devoted not to restaurants, hotels and museums, but to the literature of a place? Yes, it would. So here it is: Salon's Literary Guide to the World. Link to article.
BTW: I saw the movie The Painted Veil on DVD this past weekend and thoughly enjoyed it. It was shot in China in the style of Merhant/Ivory, so the scenery was beautiful and lush.

No comments: